If you are a blogger who is keen regarding the number of page views by a visitor, you are sure enough aware of what a bounce rate is.
There are various sites on the internet with a lots of traffic and a low bounce rate, but there are various others with a lots of traffic and a very high bounce rate. Ha Ha!
So, what steps should be taken to reduce bounce rate of your blog? Lets get started and first understand what Bounce Rate really is?
What is a Bounce Rate?
According to Wikipedia, Bounce Rate represents the percentage of visitors who enter the site and “bounce” (leave the site) rather than continue viewing other pages within the same site. In short, it is the number of visitors to your site or blog with only one page view.
If Your Bounce Rate is high, why is it so?
- Your content is not worth reading.
- Your blog is not based on a particular niche.
- Your have not linked to other posts and pages on your blog.
- You might have overdone the inner page linking.
- Do not engage in traffic exchange websites as that is kind of a spam traffic with only one page view and it can highly increase your Bounce Rate.
If you can fix these issues, you will sure enough reduce your bounce rate. Well, then what can be called a perfect or I can say pretty good and required bounce rate!
What is a Good Bounce Rate?
The bounce rate of a website should be as low as possible to build a good web reputation. But, if we want to go according to the calculations then a bounce rate around 20-25% is pretty good.
Steps To Be Taken In Order To Reduce Your Mr. Bounce Rate:-
1. Write quality and unique content in order to let your visitor know that you are a good author and a good blogger as well.
2. Link to your other pages and posts.
3. Reduce the number of ads as it has an adverse effect on your Bounce Rate.
4. Place a widget regarding your Recent Posts on your sidebar.
5. Reduce Link Outs on your pages and posts as well.
In nutshell, we can conclude that the Bounce Rate is very essential for your blog. Reduce Bounce Rate to the extent you can.
1,564 total views, 3 views today